E-vignette information and purchase
E-vignette road use authorization
The e-vignette based user charge system includes motorcycles, cars (and their trailers), trucks with a maximum authorized mass not exceeding 3.5 t, buses, motor vehicles not subject to a toll under separate legislation, and the trailers of the above.
Important to know
- Toll sections may only be used with a valid road use authorization, i.e. you need to purchase the e-vignette before you enter the toll section. If you purchase the e-vignette within the validity period, the validity always starts at the time of purchase (day/hour/minute). Bona fide road users mistakenly entering the toll road network have 60 minutes from the entry to purchase road use authorization.
- If you want to purchase multiple e-vignettes at a time, make sure you specify the date and time of each journey (road use) accurately.
- To avoid unauthorized road use, make sure you always check the number plate, the country code, the vehicle category and the validity period on the counterfoil when making your purchase.
- When you purchase road use authorization electronically, the confirmation message serves as a proof of purchase.
- We recommend you retain the counterfoil and/or the confirmation message received after the purchase for a period of 2 years from the last day of the validity period of the e-vignette.
Validity periods of e-vignettes
Weekly authorization: valid from the starting day specified by the customer and for the following 9 days, i.e. for a total of 10 consecutive calendar days, until midnight of the 10th day.
Monthly authorization: valid from the starting day specified by the customer until midnight of the same day (number) of the following month. If the following month does not have a day with that number, the validity period ends at midnight of the last day of the month.
Annual national authorization: valid from the first day of the relevant year until midnight of 31 January of the following year (for a total of 13 months if the authorization is purchased on 1 January of the relevant year). If purchased within the validity period, the annual vignette grants road use authorization from the time of purchase.
Annual regional authorization: an annual, territory-based vignette available for vehicles in categories D1M, D1, D2, U and B2, granting road use authorization on the toll speedway network of a specific county. You may purchase multiple regional e-vignettes for a single vehicle. The validity period of this authorization is the same as the validity period of the annual road use authorization. The territorial scope of this vignette extends to the first junction past the county border. Click here to see the territorial validity of the specific regional vignettes by junction numbers and road section numbers.
Annual county vignettes may be purchased for the following counties (having a toll speedway network)
Bács-Kiskun, Baranya, Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén, Csongrád, Fejér, Győr-Moson-Sopron, Hajdú-Bihar, Heves, Komárom-Esztergom, Pest, Somogy, Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg, Tolna, Vas, Veszprém, Zala